HP Officejet 5746 Printers First Time Setup
If you are setting the printer for the first time follow the below instructions given and setup your new HP printer easily. Unbox the 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer by removing all the packing materials and recycle the materials. Connect the power cord to rear of the printer and to an electrical outlet. Choose your country, region, language and other personal setting according to your preferences in the control panel.
Install the ink cartridges by opening the cartridge access door and touching only the black plastic on the ink cartridge. Load the stack of paper into the tray by pulling it out. You are not allowed to fill more than indicated on the paper fill guide because it may lead to paper jam. The printer takes some time to align and prints the pages automatically
123 HP Officejet 5746 Specifications
- HP Office Jet 5746 printers is the fast and efficient printer specially built for highly reliable printed documents and high quality photos
- It also has built in Wi-Fi and supports wireless direct printing including USB printing
- The maximum number of copies printed by the printer is 99 and the copy speed in black and white is upto 33 cpm with the resolution of 600 dpi
- The printer also has a color fax with features like auto redial, speed dial, group speed dial and many more with resolution of 300 dpi
- Automatic document feeder capacity and duplexer are the paper handling methodologies
123 HP Officejet 5746 Wireless Network Setup (Windows)
- Network name, password, a computer connected to a wireless network and an internet access are the required items to setup a wireless network connection
- Swipe down to open the Dashboard and click the Setup icon. Touch Wireless and click Wireless Setup Wizard
- Click the network name in the available networks, then click OK otherwise click Enter New Network Name and then follow the instructions that appear on-screen
- Enter the WEP or WPA key if you are prompted to do so and then click OK. Then return to the home screen by clicking OK
- Download and install the current version of the full feature printer software from the link 123.hp.com/oj5746 or 123.hp.com/setup 5746
123 HP Officejet 5746 Wireless Network Setup (OS X)
- Gather the network name, password, an internet access and a computer with wireless network connection. After gathering the required items, turn on the printer, computer and router. Then check whether the computer and printer are at the same network.
- Click the Wireless icon by swiping down the control panel to open the dashboard
- Click Setup then click Wireless Settings and click the Wireless Setup Wizard
- Search for your network name and click ok. Enter your network name by clicking on Enter New Network Name and follow the instructions
- Enter the WEP or WPA key then click OK and return to the home screen
- Download the necessary software for your printer from the 123.hp.com/oj5746 or 123.hp.com/setup5746
- Click begin and then click download. After that double-click the HP Easy Start
- Continue with the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of software
Troubleshooting- HP Officejet 5746 Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Mac)
The HP website uses a guided installer to set up Wi-Fi or wired network connection to the 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer. Read the below steps to connect your printer and to trouble shoot network issues if the installer does not identify your printer at the time of installation
- The computer, router and the printer should be restarted after switching off the computer, printer and router. If the problem persists continue to next step
- Make sure your router meets the following requirements if you are using a wireless router.
Router band: All the HP printers do not support 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz, enable the 2.4 GHz and if the router broadcasts separate network connect to 2.4 GHz and SSID.
Bonjour support: Bonjour, Apple’s network discovery software should be supported by the routers .The best way to find the printer and support wireless printing is by Bonjour
- Check whether you have connected to guest login or not. Then confirm that your printer is ready by checking the wireless signal icon light is on or the green link is steady and orange activity should blink.
- Click the network icon on the Mac that is available in the menu bar and connection status
- Reconnect to your own network if the selected network is not yours
- Move the computer and printer closer to the router if the network is weak
- Check your network properly if the network status is not connected
- Disconnect from any Virtual private Networks before installing the software
- Connect the printer to your network manually by using the Wireless Setup Wizard if you have a touch or text- based control panel. You can also connect if you have an Apple Airport
- Click system preferences on the apple menu and click Print& Fax, Print&Scan or Printers &Scanners. Right-click the black space on the printer list and click Reset Printing system to the reset the print system. In the confirmation window click Reset
- If the above did not work, uninstall the HP software by clicking Finder in the Dock.
- Click GoàApplication and open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.
- If you find HP uninstaller in the folder double click on it and follow the on-screen instruction otherwise continue to the next step.
- Click and drag the HP folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
- In the menu bar click GoàGo to Folder, enter /Library/Printers and click Go.
- Click and drag the HP folder into the trash icon and restart Mac
- Turn on the printer and go to HP customer Support for latest version of your printer software. Follow the on screen instructions after downloading the software. Use the guidelines to install the software properly
- Open the HP Easy Start file or full feature driver .dmg file
- Install the software by using on-screen prompts and also set up the printer connection
- Click Add Printer to create a print queue on the Mac when you are prompted to do so.
- Click the Use or Print Using menu after clicking the name of your printer.
- Choose the name of your printer in the pop-up menu and click Add
- Return to home after you complete the installation successfully