HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer
First time officejet pro 6230 printer setup
If you are setting the printer for the first time then remove all the packing materials. Connect the power cord, set your preferences, install the ink cartridges, load the paper tray and make settings to align the cartridges.
- Remove the printer from the box and remove all the packing materials including tapes, stickers and cardboards
- Make sure you remove all the materials that are not necessary and recycle the items that are used for packing the printer and other accessories required by the printer
- Connect one end of the printer to the power cord and other end to an electrical outlet
- Set your preferences like country , region, date and time in the control panel settings and confirm you settings
- Before installing the ink cartridges you have to install the SETUP ink cartridges that came in the box with your printer.
- Open the cartridge door to remove the packing material from the cartridge.
- Check whether you have removed the orange pull-tab and plastic wrap completely before removing the orange cap. A ink might leak from the ink cartridge if you did not do this properly
- Turn the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridge contacts face downward, and then match the label color with the color dot on the carriage and slide it into its slot and press the ink cartridge
- Load the paper into the input tray by pulling the input tray and lifting up the output tray
- Slide the paper width guide to its outermost position and place the papers in tray
- Push the input tray forward until it snaps into place and lower the output tray
- Install the printer software by either downloading from123.hp.com/ojpro6230 or using the CD that comes with the printer
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Wireless network setup
Before setting up a wireless connection, make sure that the printer is not connected to the network using an Ethernet cable. Set up the wireless network to work properly. Connect the computer and printer on the same network. If you are prompted to enter the wireless network name (SSID) and a wireless password enter the network name and password to connect to the network
Setting the officejet pro 6230 printer on your wireless network
- Click or swipe down the tab to open dashboard to touch the wireless icon and click settings. Then click Wireless Settings
- Click Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected setup and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Changing connection type
- To change from Ethernet connection to a wireless connection remove the Ethernet cable from the printer and run the wireless Setup Wizard to make wireless connection
- To change from a USB connection to a wireless network open the HP printer software and click Tools à Device Setup &Softwareàconvert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the onscreen instructions
- To change from a USB or Ethernet connection to a wireless communication (OS X), connect your printer to the wireless network. Change the software connection to wireless for this printer using 123.hp.com/ojpro6230
- To change from a wireless connection to a USB or Ethernet connection, connect to the USB or Ethernet cable to the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Changing network settings
- You can set up and manage your printer’s wireless connection and perform a variety of network management task including viewing and changing network settings, restoring network defaults, and turning the wireless function on or off using the control panel.
- To print network settings, click or swipe down the tab to open dashboard to touch the wireless icon and click settings. Then click Wireless Settings to display the network status screen and click print network configuration page
- To set the link speed, click SetupàNetwork SetupàEthernet settingsàAdvanced settingsàLink speed. Touch the appropriate option that matches your network hardware.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting
HP Printers– not found during Network Driver Setup (Windows)
The HP full feature driver on the software disc from the HP website uses a guided installer to setup the printer for a Wi-Fi or wired network connection. After selecting the connection type if the installer does not detect the printer, one of the following errors might display
- Printer not found
- No devices found
- Unable to find the printer
- Your printer could not be found on your wireless network
Follow the below given steps to troubleshoot issues that may lead to network printer setup problems
- Restart the computer, printer and router to solve the errors that occur during the printer setup and reinstall the HP drivers and soft wares by downloading the latest printer software from 123.hp.com/ojp6230 or 123.hp.com/ojp6230
- Check whether the network is properly connected and printer is read for network setup
- You can connect the printer to your network manually so the HP installer finds the printer. If you have a touch or text-based control panel, try Wi-Fi protected Setup
- Run the HP print and Scan doctor to resolve the problem by downloading this tool. The tool provides information to setup your network printer.
- Disable firewall software on the computer temporarily by clicking NetworkàTroubleshooting FirewallsàDisable(on the name of your firewall software)
- Uninstall HP driver and software by disconnecting the cable from the printer. In the Windows click Program and Features and in the list of programs click your HP printer name and Uninstall.
- Then install the updated printer software from 123.hp.com/ojpro6230
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Features
The HP office jet Pro printers are specifically built for business purpose. Saves paper and handle more tasks without slowing down. It also comes up with a convenient mobile printing options and mobile setup. Some of its special features are mentioned below
1.Low-cost, quality color that never runs out
- Prints a professional-quality color upto 50% less cost for every page you print
- The ink you use can be saved up to 50% and black- and-white for a lower price
- Print up to 5times better black text pages with optional Original HP high-yield ink cartridges
- Produce professional-quality color and black text that’s perfect for printing reports and charts
2.Easy mobile setup and mobile printing
- Print easily from variety of smartphones and tablets
- Connect a smartphone to the printer and easily print without a network
- Print wirelessly and share all-in-one with other wireless-enabled devices
3. Efficient in handling tasks
- Rapidly prints, scans and copy speeds
- With automatic two-sided printing consume up to 50% lesser paper
Get instant access to essential tasks by just tapping and swiping the touchscreen