123 HP Envy 5665 Printer Troubleshooting
Review the below information to troubleshoot your printer if you have issues like printer offline, print job stuck in queue and many more. Follow the below given instructions and resolve your printer troubleshooting issues.
Envy 5665 Printer Offline in Windows
If the printer shows the printer offline or offline status message on the computer, the printer does not print. The offline status indicates when your computer does not connect to the printer. This may happen unexpectedly due to some network conditions. You can choose any one method from the below given instructions.
HP Envy 5665 Print and Scan doctor
- Use the HP printer and Scan doctor to fix several types of problems automatically that cause the printer to go offline in your Windows 8 and 10 operating systems. Move on to the next step if your computer has other Windows versions.
- Download and run the HP print and Scan doctor. Visit the product home page in the HP support page to download the diagnostic tool.
- Open the Print and Scan Doctor. Resolve the problem by reading and responding to the screens. Move to the next step if your printer continues to go offline.
Default HP Envy 5665 Printer settings
- Switch on the printer and keep it in ready state. Click Devices and Printers in the search results after searching for the devices in your Windows
- Find the printer icon. Continue to the next step if a grey icon displays with a green checkmark. Otherwise, right click the icon, select Set as Default Printer and continue to the next step.
- Select See what’s printing after right-clicking for the default printer. The print queue window opens.
- ClickPrinter. If a checkmark displays next to Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline, click each item to remove the checkmark. Try to print using your printer
HP Envy 5665 Printer Reset
- Reset the printer to restore the computer connection. Turn off your printer and check the printer status. If the printer starts printing, finish the troubleshooting, otherwise follow the below steps.
- Turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord from the printer and wall outlet. Restart the computer after a few seconds and plug the power card back.
- Reconnect the power cord and press the power button to switch on the printer.
- Check whether the printer is connected to the computer or the network. Connect the cable to the printer and to the router.
- Try to print using your printer. If not, continue to the next step.
Select the correct port
- Click Devices and printers in the search results that appears on the computer when searching for devices on Windows
- Select Printer properties and right-click your printer name. The properties window opens.
- Click the Ports tab and find your printer name in the printer’s column.
- If the selection does not match the current connection used by the printer, select the correct port type.
Update the firmware as HP releases printer updates regularly. The firmware update might resolve the issue. Continue to the next step if the problem still continues.
123 HP Envy 5665 Printer offline in Mac OS
The printer will indicate the offline message when it cannot communicate with the computer. If you face the printer offline issue in your Mac Operating system or printer not responding message, follow the below steps. The offline error may occur when the printer is switched off or the USB cable is disconnected
- Check the connection between the printer and Mac.If you have a USB connection, disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it to the Mac.If you have a network printer connection, restart the printer, computer and the router. Click the Apple icon and click System PreferencesàPrinters and Scanners, Print & Fax or Print & Scan to open the printers list after restarting the computer. Click your HP printer in the printer list and click Open Print Queue.
- Reset the printer. Disconnect the power cord and reconnect it. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the power button. Move on to the next step if your issue is not resolved.
- Remove multiple printers from the printer list by searching Mac for Print. Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners in the search results. Remove all the printers in the list and leave one idle printer in the list that matches your printer if available and use the printer as the Default Printer.
- From the list of printers, remove the printer queue repeatedly to create a new printing session. Try printing. If your printer remains offline, move on to the next step.
- If your printer has still issues after all the troubleshooting above, resolve the issue by resetting the printing system.