123.hp.com/dj3722 – HP Deskjet 3722 Setup and Installation
The HP Deskjet 3722 is a blend of multi-functionality, affordability and an aesthetic design. Unlike its other counterparts, HP Deskjet 3722 lets you print documents wirelessly from anywhere quickly with the dual band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) instead of just one frequency band therefore making your printing, scanning and copying jobs extremely easy. The software can be installed either from the Installation CD that came along with the printer or can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/dj3722 or 123.hp.com/setup 3722.
Dive into the depths of the iceberg and know more about the cool features of the HP Deskjet 3722 by reading further. Other cool features include:
• Wireless Setup that takes less than a minute. Since the printer is dual-band, it can deliver consistently and without fail.
• Print documents and order ink cartridges from your mobile devices and social media, on the go with HP’s Smart Print App.
• Save time and money with HP Deskjet 3722’s Duplex printing and cheap ink cartridges.
• Quality for less quantity. Print borderless photos with vivid hues while spending less on cartridges.
Types of Media & Printing Capacity
HP Deskjet 3722 can print on Plain Paper; HP Photo Papers; HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper; HP Matte Presentation Paper; HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper; Other Photo Inkjet Papers; Other Matte Inkjet Papers; Other Glossy Inkjet Papers; Plain Paper both Light and Recycled. Given below are its input and output capacity for different kinds of media.
• Input capacity Up to 100 sheets
• Standard input capacity (cards) Up to 40 cards
• Standard input capacity (envelopes) Up to 10 envelopes
• Output capacity Up to 25 sheets on output tray
• Media sizes supported (metric) A4; A5; B5; DL; C6; A6
• Media sizes supported (U.S. standard) Letter, Legal, 4 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes
• Borderless printing Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 297 mm)
• Automatic Document Feeder NA
Given below are the Printer specifications for the HP Deskjet 3722 printer.
• Duplex printing Automatic (standard)
• Print speed (ISO) Up to 10 ppm (black), Up to 7 ppm (colour)
• Print resolution (best) Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (Only when printing from a computer on selected HP Photo Papers only)
• Maximum print area (metric) 215.9 x 355.6 mm
• Monthly duty cycle Up to 1000 pages
123.hp.com/dj3722 – HP Deskjet 3722 Unboxing
• Pry open the lid of the box and keep the sides of the flaps open. Remove the ink cartridges, user guides, power cord and other items.
• Tilt the box and place it on any surface such that the backside of the printer rests on it.
• Gently drag the printer out of the box using the handles of its cover. You should find the manual on top. Keep it aside and slide the printer out of its cover.
• Remove all the packaging materials and tapes on the exterior and interior of the printer. Packaging materials are usually present in the scanner area, ink access area, paper tray and photo tray.
• Also peel away the transparent plastic covering on the control panel
You could take a small green step and send the cardboard box and the packaging materials for recycling if you wish to do so. Now, your printer is ready to be setup. Continue reading the guide to know how to setup your HP Deskjet 3722 Printer.
123 HP Deskjet 3722 Setup
This section details the Setup process which involves the installation of ink cartridges and loading paper into the paper input tray. To know how to download and install software from 123.hp.com/dj3722, skip to the next section.
To switch on your Printer, follow the steps given below.
Connect one end of the power cord into the rear of the printer and the other end into a wall outlet. Power strips ought to be avoided in order to prevent power issues to the printer.
Switch on your printer by pressing the power button.
The printer starts initializing now and quiets down after making a whirring noise.
The next step is to install the ink cartridges and load paper into the Paper Input Tray.
Ink Cartridge Installation
The HP Deskjet 3722 comes with a tri-colour and black ink cartridge. Follow the steps given below to install the ink cartridges successfully.
• Unwrap the tri-colour cartridge that you placed aside earlier and peel away the plastic covering using the orange pull tab. Make sure that you don’t touch the electrical nozzles or the copper-coloured contacts as doing so would result bad electrical connections and clogs.
• Open the ink access area and wait for the cartridge slots to reach the center.
• Insert the tri-colour cartridge into the slot at a slightly upward angle and make sure that it snaps into place.
• Unwrap the black ink cartridge and follow the same steps as above to insert the cartridge into place.
Now, the printer will ask you to load plain paper into the Paper Input Tray.
Loading Paper into the Paper Input Tray
To insert a stack of papers into the Paper Input tray, follow the instructions given below.
• Slide out the Paper Input Tray and place the paper width guides away from each other.
• Insert the stack of papers into the tray and wait for the printer to print out a Printer Configuration page. Once the Printer Configuration page is printed, it must be scanned.
• To scan the Printer Configuration Page, open the scanner lid and place the page print-side down on the scanner area, close the lid back again and start the scan using the Printer’s Control Panel.
The scanning is done to align the ink cartridges. It tells the printer where to drop ink on the paper for the best print quality. Once this step is complete, you can download the printer software from 123.hp.com/dj3722 or from 123.hp.com/setup 3722
123 HP Deskjet 3722 Software driver Installation
This part gives comprehensive instructions on how to download and install the software drivers for your HP Deskjet 3722 from 123.hp.com/dj3722 or 123.hp.com/setup 3722.
• Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/dj3722. Click Download to download the required software drivers.
• Once the software has finished downloading from 123.hp.com/dj3722 click on it to run the program.
• The HP Easy Start Utility opens and extracts all the necessary files.
• Click Continue after checking the radio button next to the review and accept agreement and setting statement.
• Your printer must be detected automatically by the installer and if that doesn’t happen, select the name of your printer from the list and click Continue to proceed with the Installation process. Wait for a few seconds before the software establishes a network connection and finds the appropriate drivers for installation.
• Users can install full software drivers or only the basic software drivers. It is recommended that the full software drivers be installed so that all the printers features can be utilized. Click Continue and wait for the system to download the software from 123.hp.com/dj3722.
• You can also customize your software selection after the download process has been completed from 123.hp.com/dj3722. Click Next to continue with the Installation process.
• Read and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking the Check button on the Installation screen. Click Next to continue with the installation.
• Select the type of installation (USB or Wireless) that you want to perform by checking the appropriate radio button on the Connections option screen, and click next.
• Select the name of the printer that is to be installed and click next.
In the next screen select and enter the appropriate inputs like the location of your printer, purpose for which it is going to be used, etc. This completes the Setup and Installation of your HP Deskjet 3722 from 123.hp.com/dj3722.
123 HP Deskjet 3722 ePrint Setup
HP’s ePrint service brings you and your printer together by letting you print from anywhere around the world with an active internet connection by simply sending an e-mail to your printer’s e-mail address. ePrint Setup doesn’t require the installation of any software or driver in order to be used and you all your ePrint print jobs and queues can be easily and effectively managed through your HP Connected account. To avail ePrint services, you must have already downloaded and installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj3722 or 123.hp.com/setup 3722.
Although the ePrint Setup makes printing easier, text style, formatting and text flow may differ from the original document. ePrint services can be enabled on your HP Deskjet 3722 printer by enabling Web Services. Click to know more about how to perform an ePrint setup on your HP Deskjet 3722.
123 HP Deskjet 3722 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
This Setup can be performed only if the software drivers were already downloaded & installed from 123.hp.com/dj3722 or 123.hp.com/setup 3722. Wi-Fi Protected Service facilitates the connection between two devices wirelessly.
The Wireless Setup can be done using the pushbutton method and the pin method to establish a connection between the devices. The pushbutton method is comparatively easier. Check if your router supports the Wireless Protected Setup before you can get started and click to read more about the Wireless Protected Setup.
- Check whether your computer is connected to the CD drive to continue further
- Make sure that the USB is not connected to the computer unless or until you are asked to connect
- Insert the CD drive in your computer to execute the file. You will notice the startup of installation wizard.
- Now follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the process
- Wait until you are asked to connect the USB cable between computer and the HP Desk Jet 3722 printer. After connecting it will detect the printer and move to the next steps
- Manually input the values in the installation wizard and finish the installation
123 HP Deskjet 3722 Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print can be used to print documents and photos from any device that is connected to your HP Deskjet 3722 printer through a wired or wireless network. Since, Google’s Servers delete your documents once the printing job is complete it is a secure option to print documents. This service doesn’t require any additional software or drivers from HP or Google in order to be used.
HP Deskjet 3722 Air Print Setup
Air Print is a web based service that lets you print documents on the go from your iOS or OS X devices. You must have already downloaded and installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj3722 and enabled ePrint services on your printer to use this service.