123.hp.com/setup 2543 – 123 HP Deskjet 2543 Features
The HP Deskjet 2543 is the synonym of simplicity with its compact body and sleek grey body. The cartridges go into the slots snuggled behind the second front cover. There are no slots on the printer except for the ones reserved for the power cord and the USB cable. There’s a paper input tray that can hold up to 60 papers at a time and an Output tray that can hold up to 25 papers at a time. The HP Deskjet 2543 is a steal for home users who are looking for a single-functionality printer that can satisfy their photo and normal printing at a very cheap price. Software drivers for this printer can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 2543 or from 123.hp.com/dj2543
123.hp.com/dj2543 | 123 HP Deskjet 2543 Unboxing
• Remove the power cord, installation CD, power modules and the Installation CD and other items from the top of the printer. You can use this Installation CD to install the software drivers instead of downloading the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 2543
• Tilt the printer box and lay it on some hard surface. Drag the printer out of the box and remove the cardboard covering on either sides of the printer.
• Now, slide the printer out of the box and remove all the blue tapes stuck to the printer.
• Remove any packaging materials that may be present in the ink cartridge access area or Paper Output Tray. Close both the ink access area and the Paper Tray.
123 HP Deskjet 2543 Switching on the Printer
• Take the power cord that you kept aside and remove the twist tie. Plug in one end of the power cord into the rear of the printer and the other end into the power module.
• Now, plug in the free end of the power cord into the wall outlet and switch on the printer by pressing the power button. Avoid power strips as they might cause power issues and prevent the printer from working properly.
• Once you’ve switched on the printer, wait for it to finish initializing and quiet down before going to the next step. If you’ve already installed the ink cartridges and loaded paper into the paper tray, you can skip to the section titled software driver download and installation to learn how to download and install software from 123.hp.com/setup 2543
123 HP Deskjet 2543 Ink Cartridge Installation
• The HP Deskjet 2543 has a front door and an ink cartridge access door behind it. Open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
• Unwrap the tri-colour cartridge and using the orange tab, remove the transparent covering on the copper coloured contacts. Take care to not touch the copper coloured contacts or the ink nozzles as it might result in bad electrical connections and ink clogs.
• Slide the ink cartridges upwards slightly and push them into the slot such that they snap into place.
• Remove the black cartridge from its wrapper and fit it into the ink cartridge slot in a similar way.
Find out how to load paper into the Paper Input Tray in the next section.
123 HP Deskjet 2543 Loading Paper
• The Paper Input Tray is situated at the rear side of the printer. So, turn the printer around and open the Paper Input Tray.
• Feed paper into the Paper Input Tray and adjust the paper width guides such that it just touches the edges of the paper.
• Now, open the Paper Output Tray and the paper extender.
The software drivers can now be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 2543
123 HP Deskjet 2543 Software Driver Installation
• Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 2543 .
• Press the Download button and wait for the download to finish. Click on the software on the browser download bar to start the HP Easy Start Utility.
• If the software requests permission to make changes to the system, accept and continue with the process.
• HP Start Utility now begins extracting the required files. Once the extraction is complete, click Continue to move to the next step of the installation.
• Go through the terms and conditions carefully and agree to them by checking the appropriate box. Click to move forward with the process.
• Your HP Deskjet 2543 must be automatically detected by the printer. Click Continue.
• Once the network connection is established and the software drivers that have to be installed are found, you’ll be asked to choose between installing just the basic drivers or the full feature software. Select the appropriate option and click Continue to move forward with the Setup process.
• The system will prompt you to connect the USB cable once the download has finished. Connect one end of the USB cord into the purple printer port and the other end to the computer.
• Again, read the Installation terms and conditions and check the box next to the Terms and conditions to continue with the Setup process.
• The next screen will ask you if you want to receive ink alerts for your computer. Choose the appropriate option and continue with the Setup process.
• If the Installation screen asks you to enter the location of your printer and how it will be used, enter the relevant details to complete the Setup.
You have now completed the setup and the installation of the software driver successfully from 123.hp.com/setup 2543
To find out how to setup your printer on OS X, read the next section.
123 HP Deskjet 2543 Installation on Mac
Before beginning the setup process make sure that your OS X version supports your Deskjet 2543 as some of the operating systems don’t support all the HP Printers. Also, confirm that your printer is connected to the same network as your computer via a wireless or wired Ethernet connection so that the system can download and install the correct drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 2543
• Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 2543
• Press the Download button and wait for a few minutes before the download of the dmg file is completed.
• Open the file by clicking on the software in the browser download bar. If your system prompts you to enter the Username and password, enter the details. Once you’ve input the relevant details, HP Easy Start Utility opens and starts extracting the required files for your computer.
• Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Setup.
Apart from using the Installation CD and downloading the printer drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 2543 you can also make use of Apple’s Software Update to install the printer software drivers.
Adding your HP Deskjet 2543 to the Printers list
• From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
• Select Print & Scan, Print & Fax or Printers & Scanners depending on the version of OS X that you’re using.
• Check if the name of your printer appears on the list.
• If the name of your printer appears on the list, click the (-) button to remove your printer from the list and add it back again to check if the connection between your printer and your computer has been established properly or not.
• If the printer isn’t on the list, click the + to add it to the list and continue with the installation process by clicking Continue.
• If you can’t see the name of your printer on the list even after pressing the + button, then check if the USB or Ethernet cable is connected properly or not and repeat the steps again.
• Click the Print Using box and from the popup menu that appears, select the name of your printer.
• Click Add to add your printer to the list. Now, click download and install to install the software driver from Apple.
You can use either the installation CD or download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 2543.
- Check whether your computer is connected to the CD drive to continue further
- Make sure that the USB is not connected to the computer unless or until you are asked to connect
- Insert the CD drive in your computer to execute the file. You will notice the startup of installation wizard.
- Now follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the process
- Wait until you are asked to connect the USB cable between computer and the HP Desk Jet 2543 printer. After connecting it will detect the printer and move to the next steps
- Manually input the values in the installation wizard and finish the installation
123 HP Deskjet 2543 ePrint Setup
ePrint is a secured web based service that helps you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection. Set up a HP account, get your printer’s e-mail id and send print jobs to its e-mail id. All of your print jobs and queues can be managed effectively using your HP Connected account. Moreover, the ePrint doesn’t require the installation of any drivers except the ones downloaded and installed from 123.hp.com/setup 2543.
123 HP Deskjet 2543 Google Cloud Print
Similar to the ePrint service, cloud print also lets you print from anywhere with an active internet connection using just your printer e-mail id and a chrome browser. Google’s servers delete documents automatically after the print job is completed which means you don’t have to worry about security breaches for confidential documents.